Kayaba Free Baptist Church-
A new birth to start off your Sunday, what a blessing! Pastor Paul allowed us to participate in the church's first ever baptism service. Two of his children were baptized! Trenton and Mike prayed over the group and performed the actual baptisms. The last person Trenton had the privilege to baptize was my "Chici" in Israel. This time he baptized six! I don't think anyone on our team will ever forget this day.
Mike and Trenton praying over the group to be baptized.
Just one of the six-Mike went in the water in his suit!
The team with the newly baptized-all cleaned up and ready to go to church!
When we arrived to the Kayaba Slum to head into the church, this little girl almost got ran over by our van because she had run up to my window to say hello. Once we were ready to head in, she grabbed my hand and stayed with me the entire day!
She sat with me at the front of the church and even when I passed her to others( while praying or speaking), she jumped right back into my lap when I was finished. :) After church, we walked around the community to invite families to the food outreach. As we walked into one house, my friend plopped herself down on the couch and the man greeted her warmly. I was surprised and commented, "You know her?" His response? "This is her house! Her name is Bebee." I was in her house and conversing with her parents! I found out that they had a school that Bebee's Mama ran. As we continued around the community, I found out that Bebee is well known and her being with us made a huge impact on the welcomeness of the community toward us.
The guys helping serve the food.
During our outreach into the community one of the groups went into a home of a woman named Lucy. To many of their surprise, she came! She stayed throughout the time-hearing our skit, some performing by the Sunday school class, and most importantly Trenton's message and altar call. She was the only one to come forward-only?, as if one is not enough. As I reflected on that thought, I remembered that just as the shepherd will leave the 99 to look for the one that is missing, God searches for the lost and a team of eight came all the way from America to be His hands and feet to help that one lost sheep to be found and come into the loving arms of her Heavenly Shepherd. Trisha gave her a beautiful necklace to remind her of her new commitment to her Savior!
Sounds amazing! Thank you for your commitment to the team and to the Kenya people and for your serving heart!
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for you daily!
Marguerite