Tuesday, July 26, 2011

WE'RE IN KENYAAAA!

Thank you for all your prayers and support! God was very gracious to us and we all got on the plane to London this past morning. About half of our luggage didn't arrive yet so Lucas and Jessie are without their personal bags and I think our ministry bags haven't arrived either.
I thought it was kind of funny when we were driving in the van from the airport to Heart Lodge because I had never experienced such crazy traffic and people just walking along side of the car to pass the street. We played sweet and sour with anyone who would look at us and it was really fun to get a thumbs up, a smile, or a wave back, and a little creepy to get the eye winks and raised eye brows. But so far I really like it in Kenya. I was thinking about how all the cars we see are fairly dirty; at home a lot of people will kind of say like "Look how dirty that car is" or something, but I mean here I don't think anyone washes their car because of water conservation. We must waste A LOT of water in America just to make our cars clean.
We went to the Nest Halfway House and held a lot of babies! THEY ARE SOOO CUTE! and they eat a lot! Tomorrow we sleep over at the Farm and we will go to Mcedo school in the morning.
Their eyes are really big!
Kaili playing with a super cute baby!
He never cried!
Lucas and Amos. He can eat a lot!

I LOVE BABIES!

3 comments:

  1. Nice job with the blog posts - Mom and I really look forward to hearing from you and the rest of the group each day. I'm really happy for you and Kai experiencing this event filled trip. Thank Kristine for me on the great job she did with her last post and updating us on all the details (that 1st year of college must be the trick).

    ReplyDelete
  2. yayyyy blog posts. been prayin for you guys! keep goin strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you made it -- may God pour out his love on and through you!

    ReplyDelete